Cajun Invasion Chicken Rigatoni pasta
Super Simple Cajun Invasion Chicken Pasta. Spicy, creamy and delicious.
Love, Rebecca + The Spice Age
Category: Cajun Invasion Pasta
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, sliced into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons The Spice Age Cajun Invasion Seasoning
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 500 grams of Rigatoni pasta
- 1/2 cup (or more, to taste) freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Chopped fresh parsley and cherry tomatoes for garnish
In a bowl, combine the sliced chicken with 2 tablespoons of The Spice Age Cajun Invasion seasoning. Toss until all the chicken is well-coated.
In a large skillet over medium heat, add the olive oil. Once heated, add the chicken and cook for 5-7 minutes, until fully cooked through and slightly blackened. Remove the chicken from the pan and set it aside.
In the same pan, add the sliced bell peppers and onion. Cook until they start to soften and become fragrant, about 5 minutes. Add the minced garlic and cook for another minute.
While the vegetables are cooking, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the pasta according to the package instructions until it's al dente. Drain the pasta, reserving about a cup of the pasta water.
Back in the skillet with the vegetables, add the heavy cream, lemon zest, lemon juice, the remaining Cajun seasoning, salt, and black pepper. Stir well, and let the sauce simmer for about 5 minutes.
Add the cooked chicken back into the pan, stir well so that the chicken is coated with the sauce. If the sauce is too thick, add a bit of the reserved pasta water to loosen it up.
Add the drained pasta to the skillet and toss until the pasta is fully coated in the sauce. If you want a creamier pasta, add more heavy cream and adjust the seasonings.
Remove from heat and stir in the grated Parmesan cheese.
Garnish with freshly chopped parsley + cherry tomatoes before serving.